February 2017: Began work during Phase 2
December 2017: Completed project planning.
January 2018: Priorities set and recommendations drafted.
Status as of February 2018: Phase 1 projects complete and committee closed. Work begins on specific recommendations.
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee will research and recommend strategies to acquire, promote, and retain diverse faculty and staff.
Targeted task force recommendation
- Expand diversity processes and tools: Promote best practices and recruitment resources, in part through training for search chairs, supervisors, administrators, and HR professionals.
- Candace Peters, organizational consultant and leadership coach, Organizational Effectiveness, email@example.com, 319-335-0505
- Nadine Petty, director, Center for Diversity and Enrichment, firstname.lastname@example.org, 319-335-3555
- Lori Berger, human resources director, Student Life
- Maria Bruno, staff therapist, University Counseling Service
- Bruce Drummond, coordinator of online compliance course development, Organizational Effectiveness
- Consuelo Garcia, senior human resources specialist, Compensation and Classification
- Diane Finnerty, assistant provost for faculty, Office of the Provost
- Sarah Lobb, human resources administrator, College of Engineering
- Candace Peters, organizational consultant and leadership coach, Organizational Effectiveness
- Tracy Peterson, director of diversity programs and K-12 outreach, College of Engineering
- Nadine Petty, director, Center for Diversity and Enrichment
- Adam Potter, HR specialist, Employment Services
- Corinne Stanley, language and culture facilitator, Organizational Effectiveness
- Vanessa Steffen, human resources coordinator, Business Services
HR administrative liaisons
- Cheryl Reardon, chief HR officer and associate vice president, University Human Resources
- Kevin Ward, senior director for HR policy and administration, University Human Resources