February 2017: Began work during Phase 2.
Status as of February 2018: Projects completed and committee closed.
The Training and Onboarding Committee will research, propose, and implement strategies for an employee and leader training and onboarding program.
Targeted task force recommendations
- Train supervisors to foster professional development: Improve onboarding for new supervisors to encourage a professional development focus.
- Establish a training and development consortium and standardize tracking tools: Enhance collaboration among offices currently offering training and development programs, establishing My Training as the central system for tracking participation and outcomes. Develop common language, concepts, values, and emphases, and share best practices and development tips.
- Leo Agnew, director of human resources and diversity programs, UI Libraries, email@example.com, 319-335-5910
- Sean Hesler, director of learning and development, Organizational Effectiveness, firstname.lastname@example.org, 319-384-0858
- Leo Agnew, director of human resources and diversity programs, UI Libraries
- Danielle Allen, manager of learning and organizational development, UI Health Care
- Bruce Drummond, coordinator of online compliance course development, Organizational Effectiveness
- Sandy Gay, administrator for human resources and finance, Graduate College
- Sean Hesler, director of learning and development, Organizational Effectiveness
- Emily Kleinmeyer, human resources administrator, Office of the Provost
- Michelle Kongable, senior employee and labor relations specialist, Employee Relations
- Cathy Koebrick, associate director for human resources, Facilities Management
- Courtenay Villhauer, human resources coordinator, Student Life
- Heidi Zahner-Younts, trainer and leadership coach, Organizational Effectiveness
HR administrative liaison
- Kevin Ward, senior director for HR policy and administration, University Human Resources