The Threat Assessment Team consists of representatives from Human Resources/Organizational Effectiveness (OE) and the University of Department of Public Safety, the Office of the Dean of Students, University Counseling Service, General Counsel, and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). This group meets regularly and is responsible for both program development and case management functions of the Threat Assessment Program. When a case is active, other University faculty, staff, employees, and other agencies will be involved as appropriate.
Their responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the Assessment and Care Specialists.
- Provide new information as necessary regarding current cases.
- Advise on issues related to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Provide case specific legal guidance.
- Assist in response to more urgent cases.