This page covers topics and benefits that apply to the following employment groups:
- Faculty Retirees
- Professional & Scientific Staff Retirees
- Merit Supervisory Exempt and Merit Confidential Staff Retirees
- Merit Staff Retirees with a retirement date on or after July 1, 2017
- Merit Staff Retirees with a retirement date before July 1, 2017 (Effective January 1, 2018)
- Merit Retirees participating in the Special Early Retirement Program III (Effective January 1, 2018)
The UIChoice health insurance plan is offered to the employment groups listed above.
In addition to UIChoice, the employment groups listed above may also select from two Health Alliance options for Retirees in Iowa: Medicare Advantage Guide HMO Plus Rx plan and Medicare Advantage UI Health Alliance PPO. Benefits of enrolling in one of these plans include lower monthly premiums than the UIChoice Medicare Carveout Plan. Retirees may move back to the UIChoice plan during the next open enrollment period.
- 2017 UIChoice Retiree Summary of Benefits and Coverages (pdf)
- 2017 Retiree UIChoice Coverage Manual (pdf)
- Wellmark Medicare Carveout informational brochure (pdf)
Health Alliance Documents
- 2017 UI Retiree Health Alliance Medicare Advantage Guidebook (pdf)
- 2017 Health Alliance Medicare Advantage Application Form (pdf)
- 2017 Health Alliance Plan Summary (pdf)