Refresh Smartphone App powered by Sleeprate
The Sleeprate app monitors and analyzes your sleep to reveal how long and how well you slept; it identifies issues with your sleep and then provides a personalized program to improve your sleep. The app walks you through this program step-by-step at your pace until you’re sleeping better.
The full program can be completed in 4-12 weeks, depending on your specific sleep issue and your commitment to new habits for better sleep.
The aim in the first week is to learn your sleep patterns and related habits, and to detect any issues through questionnaires and nightly sleep monitoring. This information is then used to design a personalized Sleep Improvement Plan, based on your individual sleep behavior. Every seven days you get a short progress report and new strategies, skills and support to help you get the sleep you need: fall asleep faster, sleep through the night and wake up refreshed.
The app offers:
- Sleep monitoring – track your sleep with the app alone or paired with common wearable devices: heart rate monitors, Fitbit, Garmin or Apple Watch.
- Sound analysis – find out if you snore or if other noises disturb your sleep.
- Thorough assessment – Sleeprate compiles your sleep data over a week, and together with questionnaires puts together a complete report on how well and how long you sleep, and habits that may affect it.
- Relaxation tools to help quiet busy minds.
- Short videos tell you about different aspects of sleep – the structure of sleep, sleep drive, the impact of tension, caffeine, alcohol or screen time, etc.
How do I start?
- From the Google Play/Apple App Store download the app called “Sleeprate: Improve Your Sleep.”
- Click "sign up" in the bottom right corner. When prompted to sign in with your email and choose a password, it is important that you use your Hawkmail University email account. This is your email address that is formatted “email@example.com”. The format of “firstname.lastname@example.org” is not your University email address and using this format will prevent you from accessing the full version of the program.
- Follow the directions and choices on the screen. When prompted to use your STUDENT ID, please enter “0”.
- You should receive a confirmation email with the Refresh logo in your Hawkmail account. Confirm your account through that email and you’re in!
- Ready to go? Get in bed and track your sleep!
If you prefer to meet in person to discuss sleep and simply strategize and discuss sleep improvements from sleep hygiene to CBT-I (cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia), we are offering SLEAP: sleep better with your UI EAP. You can also download the app and utilize in person SLEAP. We are here to assist however you need.