My Health and Wellness is your home for liveWELL in Employee Self Service. My Health and Wellness is loaded with wellness resources and gives you the opportunity to earn liveWELL points for healthy behaviors you are already engaging in.
My Health and Wellness is available to all University of Iowa faculty and staff with the exception of student-only employees. The Personal Health Assessment, Personal Wellness Modules, and Health Coach Service are only available to faculty and staff in 50 percent or greater regular positions.
You can record the healthy behaviors you participate in and be rewarded for them with liveWELL Points that can be used to purchase prizes at the Wellness Store. You can earn bonus points and monthly points for registering and participating in certain programs.
Frequently Asked Questions About My Health and Wellness
You can earn two types of points on the My Health and Wellness portal: monthly points and bonus points. See questions “What are monthly points?” and “What are bonus points” for more information.
Earn bonus points throughout the year by participating in liveWELL events and/or activities. As they complete activities, participants earn points by either submitting that they completed the task or entering the bonus code provided for that activity. Bonus points range in value and frequency. Stay tuned for point opportunities on My Health and Wellness. You can submit a bonus code on the homepage of My Health and Wellness or on the My liveWELL Points page.
To earn monthly points, select the My Health and Wellness navigation link “Earn Points” and select the healthy behaviors you successfully completed for the respective month. Each healthy behavior earns you five points for that month. You can submit monthly points from the first of the month to the 10thof the preceding month. Example behaviors include but are not limited to:
- I got at least four and a half cups of fruits and vegetables per day. A cup is equal to one cup 100 percent fruit or vegetable juice, one cup cooked vegetables, two cups raw leafy vegetables, one piece of fruit, or a half cup dried fruit.
- On most days, I performed some type of flexibility training like stretching or yoga for at least 10 minutes each day.
- I performed a mix of moderate and vigorous aerobic activity that is equal to at least 150 minutes of moderate activity, such as 90 minutes of moderate activity and 30 minutes of vigorous activity, each week. Keep in mind that one minute of vigorous activity equals about two minutes of moderate activity.
- I do not use tobacco. Tobacco use includes smoking cigarettes and/or cigars, and/or the use of smokeless tobacco.
Faculty and staff, non-student hourly workers, and temporary employees of the University of Iowa are eligible to participate in this program and earn prizes. Retirees, spouses, dependents, and student-workers are not eligible to participate. The Personal Health Assessment, Personal Wellness Modules, and Health Coach Service are only available to faculty and staff in 50 percent or greater regular positions.
If you are not currently working with a Health Coach, no records will be visible. If you are interested in working with a Health Coach, contact liveWELL@uiowa.edu.
At this time, liveWELL programs are only open to faculty and staff.
At this time, liveWELL programs are open to current faculty and staff only.
Working with a Health Coach can help you:
- Increase your energy
- Improve your ability to respond to change
- Gain new ideas for improved nutrition, sleep, physical activity, and weight management
- Establish accountability for making health changes
You may complete the Personal Health Assessment during work time, as your schedule and workload allow. It should take 10-15 minutes to complete.
Other programs such as the Health Coach Service, using campus recreational facilities, or participating web-based programs at My Health and Wellness may be done on non-work time or by receiving permission from your supervisor. The same is true for participation in any subsequent or referral programs. If you are unable to participate on work time, you can use vacation time to participate.
For your convenience, Health Coach staff are available 7:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. on most days of the week and at two campus locations, or via phone, email, or Skype.