All new staff and faculty, who meet eligibility requirements, receive an invitation by campus mail to an orientation scheduled close to their first day of employment.
Orientation is important and will help you to:
- Understand your rights and responsibilities as a member of the University community.
- Get to know what is available to support your personal and professional development.
- Learn about opportunities in the Iowa City area to enjoy life!
Here are some resources to begin helping you get oriented:
- Welcome message from Kevin Ward, Interim Vice President for Human Resources
- Departmental Orientation
- Overview of the Invitation Process and Appointment Criteria
- Review the Welcome to the University of Iowa flash presentation - an introduction to programs, policies and practices that support our community. (If you are unable to view the presentation you will need to install a Flash plug-in for your browser. If you do not have the rights to install software on your computer, please contact your administrator. If you experience any other technical difficulties please contact Bruce Drummond).