UI faculty and staff have the opportunity to earn a 50% incentive towards an annual single faculty/staff membership (Monthly membership = $372/year or $31.00/month; incentive = $15.50/month) by participating in the liveWELL Personal Health Assessment (PHA) survey and using Campus Recreation Facilities at least four times per month.
- Active Faculty/Staff in a 50% or greater regular position and House Staff and Postdoctoral Research Scholars
- Complete the PHA one time annually (each calendar year beginning January 1 or past 90 days)
- Facility utilization of four times per month
Faculty/staff member initiates application process with Recreational Services for a membership. Memberships can be obtained at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center, Field House, and the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Complex.
- Recreational Services requires a one-time $25 set-up fee. This fee is the sole responsibility of the faculty/staff member and not included in the annual membership and membership incentive.
- Faculty/staff member must authorize monthly payroll deduction as the payment method.
- First month - $25 set-up fee payroll deduction (responsibility of faculty/staff member)
- Second month and every month thereafter until membership is canceled – payroll deduction for regular, monthly membership fee
- Third month and every month thereafter until membership is canceled – incentive payment for membership fee at $15.50 per month (before tax). The incentive appears in the "Earnings" portion of your paycheck.
- There is a requirement to use the facilities a minimum of four times per month. This is measured each time your valid University ID is scanned at one of the membership desks.
Note: There will be a one-month time lag on the incentive. (i.e. February visits will be used to determine the April 1 paycheck incentive, March visits will be used to determine the May 1 paycheck incentive, etc...). If you need to know your attendance records, please call Recreational Services at 319-335-9293.
Incentive Payment is considered Taxable Income and will be reflected on your monthly payroll statement.
To complete your Personal Health Assessment or to check on when you last completed it, visit Employee Self Service.