- My Training (Employee Self Service) Registration - Courses without a fee
- Printable Registration Form - Courses that require a fee
- My Training (ICON) Courses
Registrations are handled on a first-come, first-served basis. Because many courses fill up quickly, early registration is recommended. The registration deadline for each course is seven days prior to the course date.
Once the course registration deadline has been reached, registrants will be notified regarding their status in the course. Confirmations are sent approximately six days prior to the course. The confirmation may include more detailed information about the course, including location and materials needed, if any.
If program registrations have reached maximum capacity, registrants will be placed on an overflow list and contacted if a cancellation occurs. Notifications will be sent approximately six days prior to the course.
UI Learning & Development may cancel a course due to lack of enrollment (another good reason to register)! Registrants will be notified if a course has been canceled.
Register through the Employee Self Service web site:
- Log into Employee Self Service using your HawkID and password.
- Select the Personal tab.
- In the second column, under Learning & Development, select My Training.
- Select Available Sessions & Series.
- Classes are listed in alphabetical order, or select Session Date(s) for chronological order.
- Choose the class, and select the Enroll in this Session button.
You are now enrolled and can view the course in your Sessions Currently Enrolled In section. Courses are automatically confirmed at the time of enrollment, and an email confirmation is also sent approximately six days prior to the session. Class lists are returned to Learning & Development, and the status of participants is updated from Enrolled to Completed, No Show, or Canceled. Once the status is updated, the class is then moved, if completed, to the Completed Sessions section of My Training.
To register for a course that requires a fee, print and complete the printable registration form and send it, with payment, to: UI Learning & Development, 121 University Services Building, Ste. 51, Iowa City, IA 52242-1911 or campus mail to 121-51 USB.
Credit card orders can be phoned in to (319) 335-2687; printable registration forms, including those with UI Requisitions, can be faxed to (319) 335-2644. If making payment by check, please make payable to UI Learning & Development and send along with the printable registration form.
Unless the fee accompanies the registration form, you will not be registered for the course.
To register for these courses:
- Log on to Employee Self Service using your HawkID and password.
- If you haven't customized Employee Self Service, select the Personal tab and choose My Training under the Learning and Development section.
- Select the Available Online Icon Courses link. This link will display all online University-specific courses available through My Training (ICON).
- Choose the appropriate course in which to enroll (this may take a few minutes to load). A new window will open and display the course. You can now begin the online course in ICON.
- To return to your unfinished online course, follow steps 1 and 2 above, then scroll to ICON Courses Currently Enrolled In, and select the course to which you wish to return.
Once the course is completed, it is then recorded in the Completed ICON Courses section of My Training in Employee Self Service. (To be considered complete, you must receive at least an 80% on each course lesson). Completed My Training (ICON) Courses are reflected in your My Training Report within 24 to 48 hours of completion.