What is Onboarding?
Our process to welcome and support employees during their transition to a new position within the University of Iowa.
- Welcome you support your decision to join the University of Iowa in achieving its mission of education, research and creative work, outreach and health care.
- Provide you with basic pre-employment knowledge of University processes and assist with information about any specific transition needs you may have.
- Guide your orientation and development at key times during your first year of employment.
Let's Get Started
Welcome, Employment Basics, and Transition Needs
All new employees both faculty and staff can benefit by reviewing this presentation that provides valuable information on:
- Completing the hiring process
- Information to know for a great first day
- University resources including benefits to assist in your transition
- Key links for things to do, places to go and people to see
- A video that demonstrates Iowa as a premier university and Iowa City as a top 25 place to live
Other valuable information you may wish to view include the relevant resources listed on the left of this page.
If you have any suggestions, comments, or ideas, please feel free to email us.