Are you looking for a caregiver to watch your child
- when school or the child care program closes intermittently
- who is mildly ill and unable to go to school or child care
- to meet an unexpected deadline
- due to your schedule changing
- simply to go out and have a relaxing evening
Care giving Resources
Back-up child care
Occasional child care
- Names of University of Iowa students willing to do baby sitting/child care on an occasional basis. To access the most current list of UI student providers log into Self-Service. Enter your Hawk ID and password. Go to the Personal tab. Under the General section click on Occasional Child Care. If you do not have a Hawk ID and password email the Family Services Office to request the list.
- Please note: The occasional child care providers on this list are not licensed and consequently are not subject to fingerprinting or a national child abuse database and criminal background check. However, they are checked for criminal convictions in Iowa and the sex offender registry. If you have any questions, please contact the Family Services Office at 319-335-1371.
- College Sitter Contact: online resource for Iowa City/Coralville/North Liberty/Cedar Rapids/Des Moines occasional child care providers.
- Commercial web sites listing babysitters:
General Tips to Hire a Babysitter/Occasional Caregiver
Tips for Mildly Ill Child Care
Forms You Can Use When Hiring a Babysitter