Two Rivers Insurance Services Voluntary Vision Open Enrollment - Jan. 1, 2022 - Feb. 28, 2022, with an Apr. 1, 2022 coverage effective date.
- If you are currently enrolled and wish to remain in your existing plan, no action is required.
- If you wish to elect or change coverage for the upcoming plan year, you will need to fill out an enrollment form and email it to email@example.com or fax to 515-327-2021.
- Questions and additional information needed about plans should be directed to Two Rivers Insurances directly.
Please note: Once you have enrolled in the Two Rivers Insurances vision plans, you must remain on the vision insurance for one contract year which runs from Apr. 1 to Mar. 31. You may not cancel your coverage mid-year.
Who is Eligible?
Regular benefit-eligible faculty and staff and their eligible dependents may enroll in the voluntary vision insurance.
- Children may be covered until last day of the month in which they turn 26. May remain covered after age 26 if verification of full-time student status is submitted to Two Rivers.
Not eligible to enroll in voluntary vision insurance:
- House staff members
- Temporary staff members
Two Rivers Financial Group administers the Voluntary Vision Insurance for the University of Iowa.
Questions regarding plan details, enrollments, changes, and more should be directed to Two Rivers Insurance.
Voluntary Plans Offered
You may choose between two plans administered by Two Rivers Insurance Services, Avesis, and eyeMed. To review a side-by-side comparison of both plans, please visit our dedicated Voluntary Vision Insurance site:
Review a side-by-side of both vision plans by selecting the button below:
"Avesis is a national leader in providing exceptional vision care benefits for millions of commercial members throughout the country. The Avesis vision care products give our members an easy-to-use wellness benefit that provides excellent value and protection."
More information on Avesis Vision Insurance
eyeMed - DELTA VISION (Insight Network)
"Our diverse network gives your employees access to quality eye care and eyewear wherever they are, whenever they need it. By offering the right mix of independent providers, national and regional retailers, and online options, it’s no wonder 98%5 of our members stay in-network."
More information on eyeMed Vision Insurance
Enroll, change, or cancel coverage
Two Rivers Insurance Services administers voluntary vision insurance for our employees. Any changes, enrollments, or cancellations should be directed to Two Rivers Insurance. Please visit the UI Two Rivers site to download a pdf enrollment/change form to complete your request. All forms should be submitted back to Two Rivers at firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
Your voluntary vision insurance enrollment will continue year after year. However, if you would like to cancel your coverage, you must do this during the vision open enrollment period (Jan. 1 - Feb. 28) with the effective date of Apr. 1 or have a qualifying event throughout the year that would allow you to make a change.
- You may enroll in the voluntary vision benefits within 30 days of your hire date. Your effective date will be the first of the month after your enrollment is complete.
- You may enroll or make changes to your voluntary vision benefits if you have had a qualifying event (marriage, divorce, childbirth, loss of coverage, etc.).
- Voluntary Vision Open Enrollment – Every year, enrollment runs from Jan. 1 to Feb. 28 for an April 1st effective date. This is your annual opportunity to enroll, make changes, or cancel coverage.
Your child may be covered for the voluntary vision insurance through the end of the year in which they turn age 26.
- If you have a dependent child over the age of 26 and need to come off your coverage, please complete an enrollment form to T (term) them from the coverage and return it to email@example.com.
- If you have a dependent child over the age of 26 and still a full-time student, please forward a copy of their college schedule or information from the college verifying that they are a full-time student to firstname.lastname@example.org for them to remain on your coverage.
Paying your Premium
Once Two Rivers have processed enrollments, changes, and cancellations, they will contact University Benefits to start, stop or change payroll deductions for your vision insurance premiums.