Who is Eligible?
Regular benefit-eligible faculty and staff and their eligible dependents may enroll in the voluntary vision insurance.
Children may be covered until the end of the year when they turn 26. May remain covered after age 26 if verification of full-time student status and/or your disabled child who is claimed as a dependent on your tax return. Documentation for either situation must be submitted to World/Two Rivers.
Not eligible to enroll: House staff and temporary staff members.
Two Rivers Insurance Services has a new name and brand as of Jan. 1, 2022.
From Two Rivers Insurance Services:
"We are excited to announce our name and brand change to World Insurance Associates LLC (World) by January 1, 2022. Our new brand symbolizes our commitment to providing you with a unique combination of deep industry expertise, access to top providers and products, and exceptional customer service from a local agent who personally knows you. We will still work from the same office locations and the agents you know and trust are still here to help you with all your insurance needs. We remain committed to employment and growth in Iowa with over 65 local employees."
All plan coverages, offerings, and our customer service contact information remain the same. Covered members will continue to use the same website, company address, phone number, and email as they did before the name and brand change for Two Rivers Insurance Services.
Voluntary Plans Offered
Eligible employees may choose between two plans administered by World Insurance Associates LLC (World), Avesis, and eyeMed. To review a side-by-side comparison of both plans, please visit our dedicated Voluntary Vision Insurance site:
Review a side-by-side of both vision plans by selecting the button below:
"Avesis is a national leader in providing exceptional vision care benefits for millions of commercial members throughout the country. The Avesis vision care products give our members an easy-to-use wellness benefit that provides excellent value and protection."
More information on Avesis Vision Insurance
eyeMed - DELTA VISION (Insight Network)
"Our diverse network gives your employees access to quality eye care and eyewear wherever they are, whenever they need it. By offering the right mix of independent providers, national and regional retailers, and online options, it’s no wonder 98%5 of our members stay in-network."
More information on eyeMed Vision Insurance
Enroll, change, or cancel coverage
World Insurance Associates LLC (World), formerly Two Rivers Insurance Services, administers voluntary vision insurance for our employees. Any changes, enrollments, or cancellations should be directed to World. Please visit the UI Two Rivers/World microsite to download a pdf enrollment/change form to complete your request. All forms should be submitted back to World at firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
Your voluntary vision insurance enrollment will continue year after year. However, suppose you would like to cancel your coverage. In that case, you must do this during the vision open enrollment period (Jan. 1 - Feb. 28) with the effective date of Apr. 1 or have a qualifying event throughout the year that would allow you to make a change.
- You may enroll in the voluntary vision benefits within 30 days of your hire date. Your effective date will be the first of the month after your enrollment is complete.
- You may enroll or make changes to your voluntary vision benefits if you have had a qualifying event (marriage, divorce, childbirth, loss of coverage, etc.).
- Voluntary Vision Open Enrollment – Enrollment runs from Jan. 1 to Feb. 28 for an Apr. 1st effective date. This is your annual opportunity to enroll, make changes, or cancel coverage.
Your child may be covered for the voluntary vision insurance through the end of the year they turn age 26. You will need to submit documentation for a full-time student or disabled child status to email@example.com.
- If you have a dependent child over the age of 26 and needs to come off your coverage, please complete an enrollment form to "T" (term) them from the coverage and return it to World Insurance Associates (formerly Two Rivers)
- If you have a dependent child over the age of 26 who is a full-time student, please forward a copy of their college schedule or information from the college verifying that they are a full-time student to World Insurance Associates (formerly Two Rivers) for them to remain on your coverage.
- If you have a dependent child over the age of 26 who is disabled, unmarried, and claimed as a dependent on your tax return due to their disability, the child may remain on your vision insurance until notified otherwise. You must send in documentation of your child's disability and dependent status to World Insurance Associates (formerly Two Rivers).
Paying your Premium
Your voluntary vision premium will be payroll deducted on a monthly basis. When World has processed enrollments, changes, and cancellations, they will contact University Benefits to start, stop or change payroll deductions for your vision insurance premiums.