Voluntary Plans Offered
You may choose between two plans administered by Two Rivers Insurance Services, Avesis, and eyeMed. To review a side-by-side comparison of both plans, please visit our dedicated Voluntary Vision Insurance site:
Review a side-by-side of both vision plans by selecting the button below:
"Avesis is a national leader in providing exceptional vision care benefits for millions of commercial members throughout the country. The Avesis vision care products give our members an easy-to-use wellness benefit that provides excellent value and protection."
More information on Avesis Vision Insurance
eyeMed - DELTA VISION (Insight Network)
"Our diverse network gives your employees access to quality eye care and eyewear wherever they are, whenever they need it. By offering the right mix of independent providers, national and regional retailers, and online options, it’s no wonder 98%5 of our members stay in-network."
More information on eyeMed Vision Insurance
Enroll, change, or cancel coverage
Two Rivers Insurance Services administers voluntary vision insurance for our employees. Any changes, enrollments, or cancellations should be directed to Two Rivers Insurance. Please visit the UI Two Rivers site to download a pdf enrollment/change form to complete your request. All forms should be submitted back to Two Rivers at firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
Your voluntary vision insurance enrollment will continue year after year. However, if you would like to cancel your coverage, you must do this during the vision open enrollment period (Jan. 1 - Feb. 28) with the effective date of Apr. 1 or have a qualifying event throughout the year that would allow you to make a change.
- You may enroll in the voluntary vision benefits within 30 days of your hire date. Your effective date will be the first of the month after your enrollment is complete.
- You may enroll or make changes to your voluntary vision benefits if you have had a qualifying event (marriage, divorce, childbirth, loss of coverage, etc.).
- Voluntary Vision Open Enrollment – Every year, enrollment runs from Jan. 1 to Feb. 28 for an April 1st effective date. This is your annual opportunity to enroll, make changes, or cancel coverage.
Your child may be covered for the voluntary vision insurance through the end of the year in which they turn age 26.
- If you have a dependent child over the age of 26 and need to come off your coverage, please complete an enrollment form to T (term) them from the coverage and return it to email@example.com.
- If you have a dependent child over the age of 26 and still a full-time student, please forward a copy of their college schedule or information from the college verifying that they are a full-time student to firstname.lastname@example.org for them to remain on your coverage.
Paying your Premium
Once Two Rivers have processed enrollments, changes, and cancellations, they will contact University Benefits to start, stop or change payroll deductions for your vision insurance premiums.