Talent Acquisition provides strategic direction to campus recruiters and departments involved in the search and selection process for staff positions. TA also develops and maintains the university's job posting and applicant management systems as well as related policies and procedures.
Additional services include:
- Provides guidance and training to campus recruiters
- Offers recruitment assistance through centralized services
- Supports development of talent pipelines through outreach and direct sourcing
- Attends job fairs, career conferences and other recruitment activities
- Manages university social media accounts specific to university employment
- Reviews and determines eligibility for Veterans’ Preference
- Administers several programs dedicated to the recruitment and retention of staff:
- Promotes employment of minorities and women in Professional and Scientific (P&S) classifications through the Staff Diversity Opportunity Program (SDOP)
- Assists partner and spouses of newly hired faculty and staff through Dual Career Services
- Provides UI employees career development advising as a free and confidential service to help University of Iowa employees achieve their personal career development goals within the University of Iowa
Follow us on social media!