Compensation and Classification establishes the framework used at the University of Iowa for staff positions. This includes the creation and maintenance of the classification systems, compensation structures and the policies and procedures associated with career development and pay practices.
Additional Services Include:
- Reviews new and existing positions for appropriate placement within the classification systems
- Administers compensation programs for all non-faculty employees
- Participates in and conducts salary surveys
- Provides the resources and expertise used in the determination of appropriate salaries
- Conducts analysis to support recommendations for pay structure adjustments as well as individual increases within the pay level
- Maintains the Career Status system for Professional and Scientific staff
- Assists/advises P&S staff that have been laid off from their positions
For the specific policies regarding position classifications and compensation structures, please see the Operations Manual.