2022 Working at Iowa Survey
The Working at Iowa survey will be available for faculty & staff from October 12 through October 27, 2022. An email announcement will be sent to eligible staff requesting survey completion.
Supporting employee engagement has a demonstrated impact upon productivity and effectiveness in areas including: student success, research discoveries, and service excellence.
Tippie College of Business researchers have added an engagement index to show how Working at Iowa questions correlate to how faculty and staff invest at work by:
- Physically giving their full effort
- Mentally paying close attention to their work
- Emotionally caring about what they do
2020 Working at Iowa Results
The 2020 Working at Iowa survey used the same questions as the 2018 survey administered to non-health care employees-- Working at Iowa powered by Press Ganey. Responses continue to identify the strengths of the university workforce and culture.
The following statements received high levels of agreement from survey respondents and indicated areas of strength for the campus:
- I know my work expectations and understand how my job fits into the overall mission of the university.
- My supervisor treats me with respect.
- I would recommend the UI to a friend seeking employment.
- My unit provides a supportive environment to retain individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Individuals in my unit are civil and respectful to each other.
Data from survey items will help prioritize workplace practices and conditions most likely to support engagement across the university and within individual colleges and divisions.