Is there someone who is making a positive difference in the results your workplace is achieving? Nominate them for the Improving Our Workplace Award (I.O.W.A.)!
Please note: Kaizens and Lean Processes are not eligible for the I.O.W.A.
- Writing the Nomination
- Improving Our Workplace Award (I.O.W.A.) Nomination Form (pdf)
- I.O.W.A. Review Committee
- Improving Our Workplace Award (I.O.W.A.) Winners
To recognize individuals and teams whose efforts demonstrate three of the following four components: Initiative, Innovation, Measurable results, Sustaining impact.
Individuals and teams can be nominated at these levels of impact:
Nominated effort should show lasting positive results in at least one of these areas: (listed in alphabetical order)
- Community building and collaboration
- Customer satisfaction (students, clients, patients, employees, taxpayer, and parents)
- Development, preservation, or dissemination of knowledge
- Enhancing the student or patient experience
- Healthy working relationships and a supportive environment
- Outreach to community and state
- Process improvement
- Project development (results not presently known)
- Staff development through mentoring
- Stewardship of University resources
- Nominate by November 1 or March 15.
- Nominations may be written by yourself, a co-worker or supervisor - supervisor or team sponsor signature is necessary.
- Review committee evaluates the nominations for suitability for the I.O.W.A.
- Certificates for awardees are sent to supervisors for presentation in their areas.
- Annual reception is held in spring for both fall and spring awardees, supervisors and nominators. University leaders present I.O.W.A. lapel pins and publicly recognize the significant contributions of the I.O.W.A. awardees.