Receive up to $45 for completing the Personal Health Assessment (PHA) each calendar year.
Access your PHA via Employee Self-Service. Go to the "Personal" Tab and scroll down to the "liveWELL" section and select "Personal Health Assessment." Follow prompts to the PHA.
The Personal Health Assessment (PHA) survey tool consists of valid and reliable questions related to individual lifestyle practices and health history factors that have the highest impact on individual health, and biometric measures to determine health status. Lifestyle questions focus on exercise, nutrition, diabetes risk, smoking, alcohol, stress, well-being and chronic health conditions. Additionally, the PHA addresses a person’s “readiness to change” that allows for development of tailored interventions to meet specific needs. Some questions relate to how improved health status can lead to increased work performance.
The PHA should take 10-15 minutes to complete and you may do so during work time. If you need to exit the survey before you reach the end, the program will save your answers for 14 days.
The IRS considers any monetary incentive or gift card given to an employee as cash equivalents which should be included in the employee's taxable income regardless of the amount. Any cash incentive for completing the Personal Health Assessment will be reported to the Payroll Office the month you complete the PHA and reflected in your next month's paycheck. An employee may only earn the monetary incentive one time per calendar year.
Below are three questions taken directly from the Personal Health Assessment.
1. In general, would you say your health is:
- Very Good
2. Do you have any of the following diseases or conditions?
- Diabetes Mellitus 1 (juvenile onset)
- Diabetes Mellitus 2 (adult onset)
- Immune Disease
3. Do you eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day (a serving is 1/2 cup of cooked vegetables, 1 cup raw vegetables, 1 cup of salad, a piece of fruit or 3/4 cup of 100% fruit juice)?
- No, and I do not intend to in the next 6 months
- No, but I intend to in the next 6 months
- No, but I intend to in the next 30 days
- Yes, I have been, but for less than 6 months
- Yes, I have been for more than 6 months.