Payroll Services

Campus Address
120-30 USB
Mailing Address

120 University Services Building, Suite 30
Iowa City, IA 52242-1911
United States

Calls answered Mon-Fri, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
In-person meetings by appointment only

Direct Deposit

Direct deposit can be set up in Employee Self-Service. If you are using an off-campus computer, you will need to use two-step login to confirm your HawkID login before changing your direct-deposit settings. For security reasons, Payroll will not accept emailed or faxed direct deposit forms. If you need to complete a paper direct deposit form, please email Payroll Services.

Payroll Information Release 

The payroll information release form should be used when granting permission to release your payroll information to the individuals or agencies that you approve.  Complete and email Payroll Services.

Payroll Information Release Form (pdf)

Payroll Voucher

The payroll voucher form should only be used when:

  • Payment for providing a service is made to an individual who does not have or will not provide either a valid Social Security (SSN) or individual taxpayer identification (ITIN) number.
  • Payments of $10,000 or greater for a non-employment service are paid on an SSN or ITIN to an individual who is not employed by or associated with the University of Iowa, who may be working under a consultant or contractual agreement, or who is an independent contractor.
  • Payment is made to a non-U.S. citizen when all work was performed outside the United States and the individual did not come to the United States.

See payroll voucher instructions.

Payroll Voucher Form (pdf)

Additional documents may be required for foreign visitors:

W-4 Withholding Forms