Direct deposit for your pay can be set up in Employee Self Service. If you are using an off-campus computer, you will need to use Two-Step Login to confirm your HawkID login before changing your direct-deposit settings. For security reasons, Payroll will not accept emailed or faxed direct deposit forms. If you need to complete a paper direct deposit form, please email Payroll Services.
Permission to release your payroll information to the individuals or agencies that you approve.
The payroll voucher form should only be used when:
- Payment for providing a service is made to an individual who does not have or will not provide either a valid Social Security (SSN) or individual taxpayer identification (ITIN) number.
- Payments of $10,000 or greater for a non-employment service are paid on an SSN or ITIN to an individual who is not employed by or associated with the University of Iowa, who may be working under a consultant or contractual agreement, or who is an independent contractor.
- Payment is made to a non-U.S. citizen when all work was performed outside the United States and the individual did not come to the United States.
Additional documents may be required for foreign visitors:
- Compliance Statement (pdf) is required if a foreign visitor is coming in visa waiver (VW) or B visa status. If submitting an e-Pro services voucher, print the completed form and attach the compliance statement electronically. If submitting a paper payroll voucher, complete and print the compliance statement and attach it to the payroll voucher.
- W-8BEN Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding (pdf) is required for all foreign visitors. If submitting an e-Pro services voucher, print the completed form and attach the W-8BEN electronically. If submitting a paper payroll voucher, complete and print the W-8BEN, and attach it to the payroll voucher.
- W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification (pdf) is required for all lawful permanent residents and foreign visitors who are resident aliens
W-4 Withholding Forms
- Federal W-4 Withholding Form (pdf)
- Iowa W-4 Withholding Form (pdf)
- Illinois W-4 Withholding Form (pdf) (Illinois residents must also file an Employee's Statement of Nonresidence in Iowa—see below)
- Employee's Statement of Nonresidence in Iowa (pdf) (Illinois residents only)
A withholding allowance certificate is required to be completed for the state in which you perform the services for the University of Iowa. Find more tax information.