- Performance Review for University Staff, Operations Manual
- Contact your HR Representative or Employee & Labor Relations for questions about Collective Bargaining at the University of Iowa
- Keeping Your Employee Engaged
- Universal Competencies
- WE CARE Values:
- Welcoming: We strive for an environment where everyone has a voice that is heard, that promotes the dignity of our patients, trainees, and employees, and allows all to thrive in their health, work, research, and education.
- Excellence: We aim to achieve and deliver our personal and collective best in the pursuit of quality and accessible healthcare, education, and research.
- Collaboration: We encourage collaboration with healthcare systems, providers, and communities across Iowa and the region, as well as within our UI community. We believe teamwork - guided by compassion - is the best way to work.
- Accountability: We behave ethically, act with fairness and integrity, take responsibility for our own actions, and respond when errors in behavior or judgment occur.
- Respect: We are committed to ensuring that UI Health Care is an inclusive environment where individuals from the full spectrum of diversity – which includes identity, backgrounds, cultures, ability and perspective –feel safe, seen, and valued.
- Equity: We dedicate ourselves to equity and fairness in research, health care, education and health.
- Individual Development Plan (IDP) Template (docx)
- Goal Template (docx)
- Merit Self-Assessment Template (docx)
- Best Practices for Requesting Feedback (pdf)
A range of topics are covered through UI Learning & Developments classes and series:
- Advanced Management Series
- Building Our Global Community Series
- BUILD Series
- Supervising Today's Students Series
Supervisors who would like help on how to appropriately conduct a performance review or give performance feedback may email Sean Hesler, Organizational Effectiveness.
It's equally important to recognize positive performance and address poor performance. For assistance in performance improvement please consult with your HR Unit Representative, Senior HR leader or Employee and Labor Relations.