A group health plan that consists of medical and prescription drug benefits. Your Wellmark Health Plan of Iowa network is called Blue Choice. The prescription drug benefits use the drug list Blue Rx Complete.
The Health Alliance group Medicare Advantage options are available only to retirees who reside in Iowa and are Medicare eligible. Two plans offered - UI HMO Plus Rx and the UI PPO Rx.
Health Plan Documents
- 2021 UIChoice Retiree Summary of Benefits and Coverage (pdf)
- 2021 UIChoice Retiree Coverage Manual (pdf)
- 2021 UISelect Retiree Summary of Benefits and Coverage (pdf)
- 2021 UISelect Retiree Coverage Manual (pdf)
Comparison of Both Plans
2022 Plan Documents
- 2022 Health Alliance HMO Plus Rx Highlights (pdf)
- 2022 Health Alliance PPO Rx Highlights (pdf)
- Health Alliance Enrollment form (pdf)
- Health Alliance ACH form (pdf)
2021 Plan Documents
- 2021 Medicare Guide (pdf)
- 2021 Health Alliance HMO Plus Rx Highlights (pdf)
- 2021 Health Alliance PPO Rx Highlights (pdf)
- 2021 Health Alliance Formulary list (pdf)
A side-by-side of all four plans: Plan Comparison of University of Iowa Retiree Plans (pdf)
ABOUT OUR SITE:
The information presented on our website describes only the highlights of the plans and does not constitute official plan documents. Additional terms and conditions may apply. If there are any discrepancies between the information contained herein and the official plan documents, the plan documents will govern. For more detailed information you may contact Wellmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield at toll-free number 800-524-9242 (TTY: 888-781-4262), Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Central Time). For more efficient service, please have your member ID number handy - it can be found on the front of your card.