On-Campus Lactation Rooms
Medela Symphony breast pumps are available in many of the on-campus lactation rooms. Personal tubing for these pumps can be found via online retailers.
Additional Lactation Resources
- UI Health Care Lactation/Breastfeeding Resources:
- General Breastfeeding Questions: 319-467-6065
- Breastfeeding Clinic:
- 8:00 am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday
- Located in the Women's Health Center
- Elevator M 3rd Floor Pomerantz Family Pavilion
- Call for an appointment: 319-356-2294 *press option 1
- Breastfeeding Support Group
- Wednesdays 4-6 p.m., UIHC Iowa River Landing, Room 4000, 105 East 9th Street, Coralville, Iowa 52241
NOTE: Time will change to 3:00-5:00 pm beginning April 1, 2018
- Break Time for Nursing Mothers
Information about the federal guidelines surrounding lactation in the workplace through the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Breastfeeding Information and Resources
- Visit this site to learn more about breastfeeding and to get how-to information and support for breastfeeding successfully.
- The National Breastfeeding Hotline: 1-800-994-9662
Talk with trained breastfeeding peer counselors who can help answer common breastfeeding questions in English or Spanish.
- Breastfeeding, American Academy of Pediatrics
- La Leche League International
Information, education, support, and encouragement for women who want to breastfeed.
- Newborn and Mothers Health Protection Act of 1996