Payroll Services

Campus Address
120-30 USB
Mailing Address

120 University Services Building, Suite 30
Iowa City, IA 52242-1911
United States

Calls answered Mon-Fri, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
In-person meetings by appointment only

You're required to complete a withholding allowance certificate for the state in which you perform services for the University of Iowa, not your state of residency.  For example, if you are a resident of Wisconsin but working here in the state of Iowa, then you should have Iowa withholding.  However, if you are living and working from Wisconsin you should have Wisconsin withholding. 

Use the links below to find employee withholding allowance certificates for states other than Iowa or Illinois. Complete and sign the form and send to University of Iowa Payroll Services at the following address:

University Human Resources-Payroll
120 University Services Bldg., Ste. 30
Iowa City, IA  52242-1911

Note that not all states have their own withholding allowance certificates—some use the federal W-4 form as noted below.

Employee Withholding Allowance Certificates by State