Grief is something we all must face at some point in their lifetime. The UI EAP program can be of help whether the grief and loss are related to home or work. We hope that the information in the resources below may be of help in your journey.
For further assistance in dealing with grief, call UI Employee Assistance Program, at 319-335-2085 and we will talk with you about your grief journey.
Bereavement Support & Counseling
- Iowa City Hospice
- Hospice Foundation of America
Valuable links to selected articles, teleconferences, professional education and suggestions for dealing with aspects of loss.
An interactive grief website that has served since 1995 developed by Thomas Golden LCSW, a specialist in the topic of healing.
- Journey of Hearts
Rarely does an event evoke more emotions than suicide. In addition to the personal toll on family and friends, suicide can also have an impact on the workplace.
- Mayo Clinic:
- Suicide Survivors Face Grief, Questions, Challenges, Harvard Health Publications
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: After an Attempt (pdf)
- Suicide Survivors
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Know the Warning Signs of Suicide, American Association of Suicidology
- Survivors of Suicide, Johnson County Crisis Center
- Suicide and the Workplace, Duke University
- Resources for Bereaved Parents
For more resources and handouts, please contact UI EAP at 319-335-2085 or email@example.com.