You may enroll during Student Insurance Open Enrollment or if outside the Open Enrollment period, with a qualifying event.
Open Enrollment periods are as follows:
- Fall Semester: August 1 to September 9
- Spring Semester: January 1 to February 9
- Summer Semester: May 1 to June 9
How and where to enroll:
Enrolling in SHIP, UIGRADCare and/or dental insurance is an easy process that you can do online through MyUI. Follow the steps below:
- Log in to MyUI.
- Under STUDENT INFORMATION, select the "+More" button
- Under STUDENT LIFE MANAGEMENT, select "Student Insurance"
- Choose the first green button labeled "Enroll in Insurance"
- Continue to fill out the online form and submit to University Benefits for processing
If you have a spouse/partner or child(ren) who will need insurance, you must complete an enrollment form in MyUI to add them to your policy. You will have 30 days from the date of arrival, or date of eligibility and 60 days from the date of birth to add dependent(s) to your policy.
Once you submit your online enrollment form, you will receive an email confirmation from the University's workflow system. Your form will be processed in the order it was received. You may check the status of your previously submitted insurance requests by visiting your My Initiated Packages in workflow.
Please be sure that your residing address is up-to-date in MyUI as this is where your insurance card(s) are sent. You will need these when you visit a provider.