A request for approval of time away can be prepared using the online absence report available on Employee Self Service, a specified departmental absence report form, or this form. Check with your supervisor on the appropriate method.
Biweekly Employee Time Records
Direct deposit for your pay can be set up on the Employee Self Service. If you are at an off campus location, you will need to have the Two-Step Login in place to access this information. Payroll will not accept emailed or faxed direct deposit forms. If you need to complete a paper direct deposit form, please contact Payroll Services.
This form is for Faculty appointed on a fiscal year basis and Professional and Scientific staff members employed in departments who have elected to report sick leave and vacation usage in terms of days.
Monthly Time Records
These monthly time records are categorized by job classification.
Permission to release your payroll information to the individuals or agencies that you approve.
The payroll voucher form should only be used when:
- Payment is made to an individual for providing a service, who does not have or will not provide either a valid SSN or ITIN.
- Payments of $10,000 or greater to an individual providing a non-employment service and paid on an SSN or ITIN, who is not employed by or associated with the University of Iowa, who may be working under a consultant or contractual agreement, or who is an Independent Contractor.
- Payment to a non-US citizen if all work was performed outside the U.S. and the individual did not come to the U.S.
Payroll Voucher Form (pdf)
Additional documents may be required for Foreign Visitors
- Compliance Statement (pdf) REQUIRED if foreign visitor is coming in visa waiver (vw) or B visa status. If submitting an e-Pro Services Voucher, print the completed form and attach the Compliance Statement electronically. If submitting a paper Payroll Voucher, complete and print the Compliance Statement and attach it to the Payroll Voucher.
- W-8BEN "Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding (pdf) REQUIRED for ALL foreign visitors. If submitting an e-Pro Services Voucher, print the completed form and attach the W-8BEN electronically. If submitting a paper Payroll Voucher, complete and print the W-8BEN, and attach it to the Payroll Voucher.
- W-9 "Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification" (pdf) REQUIRED for all Lawful Permanent Residents and foreign visitors who are resident aliens
W-4 Withholding Forms
A withholding allowance certificate is required to be completed for the state in which you perform the services for the University of Iowa.
- Federal W-4 Withholding Form (pdf)
- Iowa W-4 Withholding Form (pdf)
- Illinois W-4 Withholding Form (pdf) (Illinois residents MUST also file an "Employee's Statement of Nonresidence in Iowa")
- Employee's Statement of Nonresidence in Iowa (pdf) (Illinois residents only)