- Applicants complete the application, then route it via Workflow to their supervisor by the application deadline for approval.
- Your supervisor will be automatically listed. If your supervisor is absent or otherwise unavailable, another supervisor will need to be selected; please search for the “alternate supervisor’s” name, select, and submit.
- Supervisors must approve the application by the supervisor’s deadline for the application to be considered for an award.
- Once supervisor approval is acquired (by the supervisor’s deadline), the supervisor then routes the application through Workflow, which completes the application process.
How Applications are Awarded
Once applications are submitted, and all deadlines have been met:
- UI coursework applications will be awarded as the completed applications (supervisor approved) are received: on a first-come, first-served basis, as funding allows. Email notifications will announce the awarded amounts.
- If funds are available after UI coursework has been awarded, then completed applications for External (non UI) coursework will be considered for the award, but not until after the supervisor's approval deadline. These applications will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, as funding allows, based on the Priority System, established by the Board of Regents, State of Iowa.
- Email notifications will announce the awarded amounts.
- Applicants are notified via email whether they have been awarded or not.
- Applicants are responsible for submitting their application to their supervisor by the application deadline.
- Applicants are responsible for monitoring their application to ensure it is “complete” (i.e. supervisor has approved and forwarded it through Workflow by the supervisor’s deadline).
- Only applications completed by the application deadline and approved by the supervisor’s deadline will be considered for tuition assistance.
- Applicants may complete their application prior to registering for a course. They are, however, expected to register for the course listed on their application.
- Amended Application - If there is a course change, the applicant is responsible for reporting that change.
- Completed applications are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, prioritized by the Priority System established by the Board of Regents, State of Iowa.
- Completing the application is not a guarantee of assistance.