The Employee Assistance Programs utilizes a comprehensive integrated public health approach in delivering early intervention and treatment services for persons with substance abuse issues.
University employees who seek EAP services can learn to assess attitudes and behaviors that may put them at risk for developing substance abuse problems. Information about treatment services are available when appropriate.
In addition, EAP can help supervisory personnel identify and appropriately intervene in situations where substance use may be interfering with job performance and/or creating an unsafe work environment.
For information about substance abuse, see these links:
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- Alcohol screening.org - How much is too much?
- Employee and Labor Relations can assist in following proper disciplinary procedures.
- Unit-level human resources representatives also can provide consultation. Your unit rep is listed on your e-personnel section in Employee Self Service.
- Threat Assessment Team can help evaluate behavioral concerns.
- SAMHSA - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- HELP.ORG - Drug & Alcohol Addiction Rehab Treatment & Recovery Resources in Iowa