The Executive Leadership Academy-Higher Ed is a comprehensive program, designed for accomplished mid to senior-level staff and faculty with strategic and operational leadership responsibilities. The Academy develops and enhances participant core competencies essential for effective, agile, and innovative leadership. The goals of this intensive nine-month program include:
- Strengthening our diverse culture by building networks to increase cross-institutional collaboration and retention
- Expanding participants’ leadership knowledge and skills for today’s changing higher education and research environments
- Increasing knowledge and impact in leading agile administrative, operational, and project teams
- Building strong organizational sustainability
- Increasing leader commitment to strategic and innovative culture
The ELA-HE elements include: immersions, project coachings, individual coachings, service projects, leadership mentoring and assessments (360, DISC and CliftonStrengths).
Want to learn more about the Executive Leadership Academy-Higher Ed Program? Please join us for one of the open house sessions in USB:
- Wednesday, April 22, 2020 | 12:00 noon - 1:00 pm | 202 USB
- To nominate a mid- to senior-level UI staff or faculty member with strategic and operational leadership responsibilities, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include: nominee's name, department and email address. Self nominations are accepted.
- Once nominations are received, nominees will be contacted to complete the 2019-2020 ELA-HE on-line application.
- The ELA-HE Selection Committee will review applications, make selections based on application criteria, and applicants will be notified.
- Upon notification of acceptance into the academy, ELA-HE participants will receive next steps on programming, scholarships and the Academy fee ($2000) payment process.
To apply for the 2020-2021 cohort, please complete the application:
- 2020-2021 ELA-HE Application (Application deadline: May 1, 2020)
Please note: The 2020-2021 cohort will not be selected until after the application deadline.
2019-20 Executive Leadership Academy-Higher Ed Schedule
|Immersions||Project Coaching (1:30pm - 4pm, 4:00-5:00 opt. team mtg)||Individual Coaching (1 hour sessions to be scheduled)|
|September 5 & 6, 2019||September 17, 2019||Week of September 9, 2019|
|October 3 & 4, 2019||October 15, 2019||Week of October, 7, 2019|
|November 7 & 8, 2019||November 19, 2019||Week of November 11, 2019|
|February 6 & 7, 2020||January 14, 2020 (one hour team session TBD)||December 2019-January 2020 (e-coaching on demand)|
|March 5 & 6, 2020||February 18, 2020||Week of February 10, 2020|
|April 30 & May 1, 2020||March 24, 2020||Week of March 9, 2020|
|June 5, 2020 (Celebration and Showcase)||April 14, 2020||Week of April 6, 2020|
2020-21 Executive Leadership Academy-Higher Ed Schedule
|Immersion||Project Coaching (1:30pm - 4pm, 4:00-5:00 opt. team mtg)||Individual Coaching (1 hour sessions to be scheduled)|
|September 10 & 11, 2020||September 23, 2020||Week of September 14, 2020|
|October 8 & 9, 2020||October 21, 2020||Week of October 12, 2020|
|November 5 & 6, 2020||November 18, 2020||Week of November 9, 2020|
|February 4 & 5, 2021||January 13, 2021 (one hour team session)||December 2020-January 2021 (e-coaching on demand)|
|March 4 & 5, 2021||February 17, 2021||Week of February 8, 2021|
|April 1 & 2, 2021||March 24, 2021||Week of March 8, 2021|
|May 7, 2021 (Celebration and Showcase)||April 14, 2021||Week of April 5, 2021|
Please reach out to email@example.com for any questions regarding the Executive Leadership Academy-Higher Education.
For employees with a health care focus, visit: The Executive Leadership Academy-UI Health Care