The UI Executive Leadership Academy-Higher Education is a comprehensive program, designed for accomplished mid- to senior-level UI staff and faculty with strategic and operational leadership responsibilities. The Academy develops and enhances leadership core competencies essential for effective, agile, and innovative leadership. The goals of this intensive, 7-month program include:
- Strengthening our university culture by building diverse, equitable and inclusive networks to increase cross-institutional collaboration and retention
- Expanding participants’ leadership knowledge & skills for today’s changing higher ed. & research environment
- Increasing knowledge and impact in leading agile administrative, operational, and project teams
- Building strong organizational sustainability
- Increase leader commitment to strategic and innovative culture
The ELA-Higher Education elements include: Immersion, Individual Coaching, Sponsored Team Project, Project Management, Mentor and Service Project. Academy assessments include: Gallup CliftonStrengths, Leadership Efficacy Questionnaire (LEQ), Multi-rater 360, and DISC.
Want to learn more about the Executive Leadership Academy-Higher Education? Please email email@example.com with your name and Zoom date preference from the list below.
- January 27, 2021 | 1:00 - 2:00 pm (closed)
- February 23, 2021 | 10:00 - 11:00 am
- March 25, 2021 | 4:00 - 5:00 pm
Nomination and Application Process
- To nominate a mid- to senior-level UI staff or faculty member with strategic and operational leadership responsibilities, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include: nominee's name, department and email address. Self nominations are accepted.
- Nominees will be contacted by a member of the academy administrative team and should complete the 2021-2022 ELA-Higher Education on-line application.
- After the application deadline, the ELA-Higher Education Selection Committee will review applications, make selections based on application criteria, and applicants will be notified.
- Upon notification of acceptance into the academy, ELA-Higher Education participants will receive next steps on programming, scholarships and the Academy fee ($2000) payment process.
ELA-Higher Education Application
To apply for the 2021-2022 cohort, please complete the application:
- 2021-2022 ELA-Higher Education Application (Application deadline: May 17, 2021)
Please note: The 2021-2022 cohort will not be selected until after the application deadline.
2021-2022 ELA-Higher Education Schedule
Immersions will be held via Zoom from 1:00-4:30 pm | Individual Coaching, one-hour via Zoom or in-person, to be determined | Project Management, facilitator guided, via Zoom, 2:00-4:30 pm with project sponsor or project team meetings between 3:30-4:30 pm.
|Immersion||Individual Coaching||Project Management|
|October 7-8, 2021||October 11-15, 2021||October 19, 2021 (Sponsor meeting)|
|November 4-5, 2021||November 8-12, 2021||November 16, 2021 (Project Team meeting)|
|December 2021 | Winter Break||December 2021 | On-Demand||December 14 (Sponsor meeting)|
|January 6-7, 2022||January 10-14, 2022||January 18, 2022 (Project Team meeting)|
|February 10-11, 2022||February 14-18, 2022||February 22, 2022 (Sponsor meeting)|
|March 10-11, 2022||March 21-25, 2022||March 29, 2022 (Project Team meeting)|
|April 7-8, 2022||April 11-22, 2022||April 19, 2022 (Individual Project Team Practice)|
ELA-Higher Education Showcase Celebration
The ELA-Higher Education Showcase celebration will occur on April 22, 2022 at the Hilton Garden, Iowa City, IA.
Please reach out to email@example.com for any questions regarding the Executive Leadership Academy-Higher Education.
For employees with a health care focus, visit: The Executive Leadership Academy-UI Health Care