The UI Executive Leadership Academy-Higher Education is a comprehensive program, designed for accomplished mid- to senior-level UI staff and faculty with strategic and operational leadership responsibilities. The Academy develops and enhances leadership core competencies essential for effective, agile, and innovative leadership. The goals of this intensive, 7-month program include:
- Strengthening our university culture by building diverse, equitable and inclusive networks to increase cross-institutional collaboration and retention
- Expanding participants’ leadership knowledge & skills for today’s changing higher ed. & research environment
- Increasing knowledge and impact in leading agile administrative, operational, and project teams
- Building strong organizational sustainability
- Increase leader commitment to strategic and innovative culture
The ELA-Higher Education elements include: Immersion, Individual Coaching, Sponsored Team Project, Project Management, Mentor and Service Project. Academy assessments include: Gallup CliftonStrengths, Leadership Efficacy Questionnaire (LEQ), Multi-rater 360, and DISC.
Want to learn more about the Executive Leadership Academy-Higher Education? Please email email@example.com.
Nomination and Application Process
- To nominate a mid- to senior-level UI staff or faculty member with strategic and operational leadership responsibilities, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include: nominee's name, department and email address. Self nominations are accepted.
- Nominees will be contacted by a member of the academy administrative team and complete the on-line application when available.
- After the application deadline, the ELA-Higher Education Selection Committee (comprised of alumni and academy administration) will review applications and provide recommendations. A three-step process is used to vet these recommendations and, upon final approval, applicants are notified.
- Upon notification of acceptance into the academy, ELA-Higher Education participants will receive next steps on programming, scholarships and the Academy fee ($2000) payment process.
ELA-Higher Education Application
2022-2023 ELA-Higher Education applications are no longer being accepted.
Please reach out to email@example.com for any questions regarding the Executive Leadership Academy-Higher Education.
For employees with a health care focus, visit: The Executive Leadership Academy-UI Health Care