UI LEAD (Leadership Education, Assessment, and Development) is a structured leadership coaching program for assessing and developing leadership competency. UI LEAD coaches provide support for participants identifying goals, attaining milestones, celebrating success and calculating the return on investment. As an individualized program, UI LEAD varies in length from six months to two years.
- Pre- and post-assessment provides confidential feedback from supervisor, direct reports, peers, colleagues, students, or customers.
- Comprehensive written reports of assessment results, providing measurable progress of growth in leadership competency.
- An individual goal plan aligned with career development goals.
- Multiple one-on-one consultations with coach throughout the program.
- UI LEAD costs $485 for UI faculty and staff. This covers vendor fees for online assessments and comprehensive reports.
- We encourage departments to fund UI LEAD for participants.
- Secure support from your supervisor/faculty administrator.
- Initiate an enrollment conversation by emailing Heidi Zahner-Younts
- Commitment to participate in all steps of the process;
- Supervisor or faculty administrator's participation;
- Acceptance into the program by a UI LEAD coach; and
- Payment of $485.
Meet Your Coach
You will be matched with a UI LEAD coach, who can provide detailed program information, answer your questions, and prepare you for the program. At the opening meeting, you and your coach will discuss the assessment products and raters. Your supervisor/administrator will also provide input about assessment choices and rater selection.