The Executive Leadership Academy-Higher Ed is a comprehensive program, designed for accomplished mid to senior-level staff and faculty with strategic and operational leadership responsibilities. The Academy develops and enhances participant core competencies essential for effective, agile, and innovative leadership. The goals of this intensive nine-month program include:
- Strengthening our diverse culture by building networks to increase cross-institutional collaboration and retention
- Expanding participants’ leadership knowledge and skills for today’s changing higher education and research environments
- Increasing knowledge and impact in leading agile administrative, operational, and project teams
- Building strong organizational sustainability
- Increasing leader commitment to strategic and innovative culture
The ELA-HE elements include: immersions, project coachings, individual coachings, service projects, leadership mentoring and assessments (360, DISC and StrengthsFinder).
- To nominate a mid- to senior-level UI staff or faculty member with strategic and operational leadership responsibilities, email email@example.com and include: nominee's name, department and email address. Self nominations are accepted.
- Once nominations are received, nominees will be contacted to complete the 2018-19 ELA on-line application.
- The ELA-HE Advisory Group will review applications, make selections based on application criteria, and applicants will be notified.
- Upon notification of acceptance into the academy, ELA participants will receive next steps on programming and the $1800 Academy fee is requested.
To apply, complete the 2018-19 Executive Leadership Academy-Higher Education Application
Application Deadline: April 6, 2018
|Immersions||Project Coaching (1 pm - 5 pm)||Individual Coaching (1 hour sessions to be scheduled)|
|September 5 & 6, 2018||September 19, 2018||Week of September 10, 2018|
|October 4 & 5, 2018||October 17, 2018||Week of October, 8, 2018|
|November 1 & 2, 2018||November 14, 2018||Week of November 5, 2018|
|February 7 & 8, 2019||February 20, 2019||Week of February 11, 2019|
|March 7 & 8, 2019||March 27, 2019||Week of March 11, 2019|
|April 4 & 5, 2019||April 17, 2019||Week of April 8, 2019|
The 2018-2019 ELA will conclude with a Showcase on May 3, 2019.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding the Executive Leadership Academy-Higher Education.
For employees with a health care focus, visit: The Executive Leadership Academy-UI Health Care