UI LEAD (Leadership Education, Assessment, and Development) is a comprehensive leadership program for University of Iowa faculty and staff. With one-to-one coaching at its core, UI LEAD focuses on individualized feedback, goal-setting and skill development over a six-month to two-year period.
Research on the impact shows:
- An average return of 5.7 times the initial investment in leadership coaching.
- Increased productivity, and improved quality of work, and of work group relationships.
- Increased work and job satisfaction.
- Significant change in behavior and skills as viewed by supervisors, direct reports, and peers, specifically in communications, sensitivity, and overall business relatedness.
Source: Research and meta-analysis by Kenneth Nowack, Ph.D. and Bruce Heller, Ph.D. in “Making Executive Coaching Work” as published in www.trainingmag.org.
UI LEAD engages and develops high-potential and high-performing leaders. Candidates may include UI faculty and staff members who are:
- Experienced leaders preparing for advanced leadership
- Leaders transitioning into expanded roles
- Technically gifted managers seeking to sharpen their people-leadership skills
- High-potential individuals preparing for increased leadership roles
- Leadership teams seeking to increase effectiveness and collaboration
UI LEAD is a complement to other current or future leadership coursework, coaching, or “community of practice” involvement.