The University of Iowa offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental plans, life insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance and so much more.
Regular faculty and staff with at least a 50 percent appointment and their dependents may enroll in health and dental insurance offered by the university.
Temporary Faculty and Staff
To be eligible for health and dental insurance, temporary employees must be anticipated to work 50 percent or greater time, and be appointed for at least six months.
Benefits Offered to Regular Faculty and Staff
- Health and Prescription Drug Insurance (2 plans)
Gender Transition - All of the health plans offered through the University of Iowa provide benefits for medically necessary covered services associated with gender transition when ordered by a health professional. Please contact Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield at 800-643-9724 for more information and to discuss the gender transition medical policy.
- Dental Insurance
- Dental II: Employee Only and and Double Spouse Family coverage covered 100% by the university.
- Retirement Plan (mandatory; 2 plans to choose from)
- Group Life Insurance (mandatory)
Faculty and staff are provided life insurance at the amount of two times salary, up to a maximum of $400,000 in coverage at no cost to the employee. Employees may choose to buy additional supplemental life insurance if they desire.
Faculty and staff receive long-term disability insurance to provide 60% salary replacement at no cost to the employee.
Voluntary Benefits for Regular Faculty and Staff
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance for Spouses/Domestic Partners and Dependents
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Care)
- Additional Retirement Savings plans
- Voluntary Vision Insurance