After a thorough review that included student feedback and a comparison of Big Ten student health insurance plans, University Benefits is excited to announce an improved health insurance plan for UI students. Beginning Jan. 1, 2024, Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) members will see lower premium costs with coverage that emphasizes preventive and mental health services.
Member benefits of SHIP include:
- Lower premiums for UI students
- Preventive services are fully covered
- $0 cost for in-network mental health office visits
- Minimal charges for mental health prescription costs
- Free access to Doctor on Demand telehealth (online medical care for urgent care, mental health, and therapy)
Open enrollment for student health insurance begins Jan. 1, 2024. Next steps will be shared in the coming months.
Your well-being matters, and this revamped SHIP provides top-notch care without breaking the bank. Stay healthy and financially sound during your academic journey at the University of Iowa.