Books and Publications
- Bereaved Parent, Harriet Schiff: Step-by-step suggestions to help parents cope with the cycle of their grief, written by a bereaved parent
- The Fall of a Sparrow, Kent Koppleman: Story of how a father searched for and found meaning after the death of his son
- Goodbye My Child, Wheeler and Pike: Comforting book for parents anticipating or experiencing the death of a child
- Healing a Parent’s Grieving Heart: 100 Practical Ideas after Your Child Dies, Alan Wolfelt: Ideas to help grieving parents understand and reconcile their grief
- How to Survive the Loss of a Child, Catherine Sanders: This bereaved parent and psychologist guides other parents to rebuild their lives
- I’ll Love You Forever, Anyway, P. Lindstrom: Personal account of loss of a 27-year-old son
- Meditations for Bereaved Parents, Judy Osgood: 35 bereaved parents shared their feelings, insights, and hopes
- Our Children Live Forever in Our Hearts, Children’s Mercy Hospital: Memory and comfort book with room for insertion of photos, mementos, and personal remembrances
- Parental Grief: Solace and Resolution, Dennis Klass: Scholarly text examining the strategies parents use to cope with the death of a child
- Recovery from the Loss of a Child, Katherine Donnelly: Reassuring book with accounts of various surviving parents
- Tear Soup, Schwiebert and DeKlyen: A story for adults and children about the healing journey through grief
- Understanding Your Grief, Alan Wolfelt: Ten essential touchstones for finding hope and healing your heart
- Alive Alone is a charitable and educational organization. Their purpose is to benefit bereaved parents whose only child or all children are deceased by providing a self-help network and publications to promote communication and healing.
- Baby Steps is named after the baby steps that form the long and difficult road to recovery from the loss of a child. This website contains resources for parents, siblings and other family members. It also includes on-line sharing for kids and adults.
- Bereaved Parents offers information and support to anyone who has lost a child. Included are highlights from newsletters published by affiliates, as well as a monthly column. A Bereavement self-help resources guide is also included that indexes resources along with hundreds of listings for other resources and information.
- The Compassionate Friends is a national nonprofit self-help support organization that offers friendship and understanding to bereaved parents, grandparents, and siblings. Locate a chapter near you or use the on-line chat room.
- Mothers in Sympathy and Support is a nonprofit, volunteer-based organization committed to providing emergency support to parents after the death of their baby or child. The site includes on-line forums.
- Parents of Murdered Children, Inc. provides the ongoing emotional support needed to help parents and other survivors facilitate the reconstruction.