Ability to utilize existing resources and learning to achieve or exceed desired outcomes of current and future organizational goals/needs. Able to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations while producing results.
Proficiency Levels & Typical Behaviors
- Appreciates the difference between effort and achievement and produces results that are important to unit.
- Grasps the inevitability and challenges of change and adapts tactics accordingly; utilizes learning opportunities to prepare for changing work and methods.
- Demonstrates a willingness to carry out responsibilities and a positive approach to accomplishing work.
- Demonstrates an understanding of how work aligns to organizational mission, vision, and University environment
- Adjusts to and develops self to prepare for new or changing assignments, processes, people, and priorities as organizational needs dictate.
- Sets clear expectations for self and team to achieve work objectives and overcome obstacles.
- Strives for excellence in performance by upholding established ethical standards and university values
- Provides frequent updates on operations and financial performance to leadership
- Ensures time, resources, energy, learning opportunities, and actions are focused on priorities that matter to the changing workplace.
- Creates a team environment of accountability and commitment for reaching goals and desired results; ensures team is developed to address future needs.
- Ensures compliance with codes of ethics that benefit the overall good of all constituents.
- Demonstrates and communicates a big picture understanding of the organization, its interrelationships, and priorities.
- Takes personal responsibility for the success of the group, unit, department, or organization.
- Promotes organizational values in ethical and responsible decision making.
- Works to create a climate that values and rewards initiative, excellence, continual learning, and achievement of results.
- Deals effectively with ambiguity and change; coaches others in behaviors and prepares others through development for ongoing effectiveness.