Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and civil manner and utilize existing resources and learning to achieve or exceed desired outcomes of current and future organizational goals/needs.
Proficiency Levels & Typical Behaviors
- Grasps the inevitability and challenges of change and adapts accordingly; utilizes learning opportunities to prepare for changing work, methods and work environment.
- Demonstrates civil and respectful behaviors valued within the organization.
- Provides and accepts ideas and suggestions in a constructive and helpful manner.
- Exhibits good teamwork: is approachable, cooperative, and contributes to an overall positive and productive work/team environment.
- Shares appropriate information/feedback openly, professionally and respectfully.
- Models open, respectful, accepting, and supportive behaviors with team members.
- Maintains productive work relationships while considering multiple perspectives and using effective conflict resolution practices.
- Aligns expectations for self and team to achieve work objectives and overcome obstacles.
- Ensures time, resources, energy, learning opportunities, and actions are focused on priorities important to the changing workplace.
- Identifies and resolves disagreements/conflicts in early stages.
- Promotes a safe, fair, respectful environment in which concerns can be addressed effectively.
- Recommends changes to work practices and policies to achieve desired outcomes.
- Creates and champions initiatives that foster respectful communication, learning and a spirit of cooperation.
- Regularly shares information and effectively influences to gain common commitment in achieving objectives.
- Shapes unit/department, college/division, or university governance so as to reinforce collaboration, accountability, and responsibility.
- Promotes a climate that recognizes, celebrates, and rewards collaboration.
- Works to create a climate that values and rewards initiative, excellence, continual learning, and achievement of results.
- Deals effectively with ambiguity and change; coaches others in behaviors and prepares others through development for ongoing effectiveness.