The University of Iowa partners with the Horizons Financial Wellness Center to provide employees resources and assistance on topics such as housing, budgeting and cash flow, credit, debt management, savings, and student loan repayments. UI employees can meet with a Horizons financial expert for up to three one-on-one financial coaching sessions at no cost.
Horizons offers UI employees these services:
Up to up to three one-on-one financial coaching sessions meetings with a financial expert to discuss financial-management concerns.
A wide variety of classes and support through their programs, many at reduced fees or free.
An email support program. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get assistance with your financial plan and connect to local resources.
Information on student loan repayment and student loan forgiveness.
Contact Horizons at: email@example.com or 319-398-3943.
- Detailed information about retirement and savings plans
- Information about scheduling on- or off-campus appointments with local TIAA financial advisors
- Tips for managing debt, saving, and investing no matter where you are in life
- On-demand webinars on a variety of financial well-being topics (log in required)
- Budget Calculator
- Debt Snowball Tracker
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Food Pantry at Iowa- a free services available for ANY student, staff, or faculty member at the University of Iowa.
- How to use your tax refund to build your emergency funds
- Jumpstart your savings at Tax Time - Video
- liveWELL Trainings - financial well-being classes.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program: If you are employed by a government or not-for-profit organization, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- UI Emergency Hardship Fund-supports costs, of up to $1000, related to an emergency event or crisis, resulting in a financial hardship. This fund is not intended to support on-going expenses.
- UI Employee Discount Program
- Voluntary Retirement Savings Program