Completing a Corrected Monthly Leave Record

When a correction is needed to a previously submitted time record, please go to Payroll Forms to download the forms.

There are three forms, one for Merit staff, one for P & S (non exempt) staff, and one for P & S, SEIU, and Fiscal Faculty staff. If you are not sure of which you are to use, contact your supervisor or HR unit rep.

When you open up the form be sure to check the “Corrected Copy” box so that the form prints out as a corrected copy. You can fill out the form online but you will need to print it out to sign and mail into Payroll Services.

When filling out the corrected copy, be sure to include all appropriate usage and codes for the month, including shift differentials, not just the corrections, as this copy will override/replace the original previously submitted. If there is no usage, then leave that date blank.

All entries are made in hours or tenths of an hour using the following schedule:

06 minutes = .1
12 minutes = .2
18 minutes = .3
24 minutes = .4
30 minutes = .5
36 minutes = .6
42 minutes = .7
48 minutes = .8
54 minutes = .9

If the time worked is not exactly even in tenths of an hour, "round" to the nearest tenth of an hour.

If your original time was submitted on more than one time record due to your being paid on various Master File Key (MFK)  accounts, you will need to submit a separate corrected time record for each original in which there were changes. Be sure to fill in the appropriate MFK. If there were changes to only one of the originals, then you only need to submit for that particular time record.

You can also change your sick leave transfer to vacation option transfer, but be aware that we do not make retroactive changes based on this option choice. However, that change will affect future vacation/sick updates.

When the form is completed, print it out and sign it and have your supervisor sign off on it if the form calls for it, then route it  through your department’s normal channels.