Performance Review Period
- The annual University Performance Review period for staff is April 1 through March 31.
Employment Dates that Trigger a Review
- New hires or transfers after January 1st are excluded from this requirement. Departments have discretion to require performance appraisals be conducted on a more frequent basis dependent on the departmental needs or regulatory compliance.
- Employees who hold multiple jobs within the same department only need to complete one review.
- Employees who hold multiple jobs in more than one department need to have a review completed for each job.
Time Frame for Review to Occur
- University reviews must be completed between April 1 and the following March 31 to be in compliance with having an annual performance review.
Overall Performance Descriptor Use
- Professional & Scientific – required
- Merit – optional
- SEIU – optional
- UI requires reviews for all regular P&S/SEIU/Merit staff who are active, on paid leave, or on unpaid leave. Staff on leave who are not available to have a review may be marked as such in the review application. Employees on complimentary appointments and Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) employees are excluded.