Grief is something we all must face at some point in our lives. The Employee Assistance Program can help whether grief and loss are related to home or to work. Information in the resources below may be of help in your journey.
For further assistance in dealing with grief, call EAP at 319-335-2085.
Bereavement Support & Counseling
- Iowa City Hospice
- Hospice Foundation of America: Valuable links to selected articles, teleconferences, professional education and suggestions for dealing with aspects of loss
- Webhealing: An interactive grief website that has served since 1995; developed by Thomas Golden, a specialist in the topic of healing
- Journey of Hearts
Rarely does an event evoke more emotions than suicide. In addition to the personal toll on family and friends, suicide can also have an impact on the workplace.
- Duke University, Grief Resources
- Mayo Clinic:
- Suicide Survivors Face Grief, Questions, Challenges (Harvard Health Publications)
- Suicide Survivors
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Know the Warning Signs of Suicide (American Association of Suicidology)
- Survivors of Suicide (Johnson County Crisis Center)
- Suicide and the Workplace (Duke University)
- Resources for Bereaved Parents
For more resources and handouts, please contact EAP at 319-335-2085 or firstname.lastname@example.org.