Each year, more than 7,000 University of Iowa students work on-campus.
University of Iowa student employees affect day-to-day operations of the university impact quality of service to the students, families, staff, and faculty who make up the UI community. This university, like many others, depends on the contributions of the student workforce.
Be a part of this large community of student employees and gain the following benefits:
- Perfect your time management skills
- Reduce your need for student loans and debt
- Gain career experience while helping you clarify your goals, gain self-confidence, and build a network of contacts
- Work with employers who may be more flexible with your hours
- Network and get to know more students and staff
To qualify for part-time hourly employment during the academic year, students must be enrolled for at least one hour at the University of Iowa.
Become a University of Iowa student employee by searching the Handshake website for student job opportunities currently available.
Student hourly work limitations are established by State of Iowa law. Students may work a maximum number of 20 hours per week during the academic year. However, students may work a maximum of 40 hours per week during Thanksgiving, winter, and spring breaks and over the summer.