Welcome to The University of Iowa community!
Dual Career Services (DCS) are designed to provide assistance for partners/spouses of recently hired UI Faculty and Staff. Dual Career Services staff are happy to assist spouses/partners with their job search needs and will assist with updating resume/curriculum vitae, job search techniques, and provide information on ways to connect in the Iowa City-Cedar Rapids corridor. If you have any questions about your job search and the employment opportunities, please contact the Dual Career Services.
How the Program Works
- A DCS staff member will conduct an initial consultation with you to determine employment needs.
- You will be provided with a resume/curriculum vitae review based on local market preferences.
- When revisions are completed, DCS staff will assist you in connecting to local contacts and possibly open positions. The DCS has access to job listings with area employers and within UI.
- DCS has extensive experience in all areas of the job search process and can provide a full range of services tailored to your needs.
- DCS will work with you until you are employed or for up to one year.
- Career coaching by experienced career consultants
- Resume/curriculum vitae review and rewrite expertise
- Assistance with interviewing techniques, including the opportunity for a mock interview
- Assistance with cover letter writing
- Advice on negotiating salary and benefits
- Access to job openings at The University of Iowa and in companies within the Corridor area
- Information about local companies, including websites and other resources
Please note: The program is a resource provided to you and is not intended to take the place of your own job search efforts.
Who Qualifies for Services
- Spouse/partner of a newly hired permanent faculty or staff member
- Have lived in the area for less than two years
Those not eligible under these guidelines may request a general consultation with an Employment Services staff member. You will receive a resume review and be given job leads, local community contacts and other valuable information to assist you in your job search.
To get started, contact Dual Career Services to schedule an appointment.