Supervisors will assign a performance descriptor to describe each staff member’s overall job performance as part of each annual performance review. The descriptors, as defined on this webpage by the employee’s relative performance, are recorded at the time of the performance evaluation. For Professional & Scientific (P&S) staff, supervisors and organizational leadership can use the descriptors to factor performance into salary decisions for July 1.
- Considerably and consistently surpassed performance expectations and goals in all areas;
- Made a significant contribution to the department's and/or University's success through unique and exceptional accomplishments;
- Excelled beyond their peer group.
This rating is reserved for an extraordinary year and is seldom earned year after year.
- Surpassed performance expectations and goals;
- Demonstrated unique understanding of work well beyond job requirements;
- Work was done independently and completed on schedule with a high degree of accuracy.
Successfully Meets Expectations
- Met job performance standards;
- Was reliable in attaining expected results, and was timely and efficient;
- Work outputs met expectations, and the employee is capable and knowledgeable of their work.
- Has not satisfactorily completed the assigned duties in most areas and needs to demonstrate improvement toward meeting performance standards;
- Work results were inconsistent
- Has not met expected standards or goals set for the position;
- Does not demonstrate knowledge or ability to perform the majority of assigned duties
Must show immediate and significant improvement toward satisfactory achievement of performance standards in order to continue University employment.