The American Psychological Association has identified evidence-based ways to navigate challenging times:
- Make connections
- Avoid seeing crises as insurmountable problems
- Accept that change is a part of living
- Move towards your goals
- Take decisive actions
- Seek opportunities for self-discovery
- Nurture a positive view of yourself
- Keep things in perspective
- Maintain a hopeful outlook
- Take care of yourself
Featured Resilience Videos
In response to the growing uncertainty and heightened stress during this unprecedented time, we have created several new videos to help you navigate. Find additional video resources from liveWELL and its wellness partners.
Top Ten Ways to Build Resilience
Resilience and Self-Care During COVID-19
The Resilient Leader
Dealing with Conflict
The Purpose of Purpose
Sprinkles of Self-Care
Emotional Awareness: Honoring Your Emotions
Coping, Problem-Solving and Communication
Research and Resources
- American Heart Association Resilience in the Workplace (pdf)
- American Psychological Association Resilience Help Center
- Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook: A Tool to Help You Build Resilience During Difficult Times (pdf) provided by Jamma International
- Request on-site skill building seminars for work groups: email@example.com.
- Seek support and assistance from an EAP counselor
- Learn how utilize flexibility to reframe thought patterns and tap into a strengths-based approach to working through obstacles in a free, 4-part series called Resilience 101.
- Work with a health coach.
- Participate in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Programs.
- Enroll in a self-care program for caregivers.
- Seek assistance from the Office of the Ombudsperson.
- Participate in focused training opportunities through Learning and Development.
- Learn more about resources to help with communication at the Conflict Management at Iowa website.