- Office Ergonomics Tips
- Ergonomic Workstation Assessment and Evaluation
- Office Ergonomic Equipment Resource List
The goal of office ergonomics is to design your office workstation so that it fits you, and allows for a comfortable working environment for maximum productivity and efficiency. Following a few simple guidelines and/or utilizing a sit-stand workstation can help you significantly improve your office workspace.
- Increase your ability to perform everyday tasks at Work and Home
- Decrease your risk of Musculoskeletal and Cumulative Trauma Disorders
- Lead to less joint wear and tear and reduced osteoarthritis joint stiffness and pain
- Reduce muscle fatigue and soreness
- Increase blood supply and nutrients to your muscles, tendons, and joints
- Reduce stress
The Ergonomic Workstation Assessment and Evaluation process is designed to provide employees with education, self-awareness, and onsite assistance if they believe their work area may not be optimal. These services are a free benefit to all University of Iowa Faculty and Staff.
- Complete the ICON course “Ergonomics – Computer Use” found in the Online Icon Courses via Employee Self-Service on the My Training Available tab
- Please complete Ergonomic Risk Survey – Computer Use
- Once completed, you will be contacted by the UI Ergonomics Program if an Onsite Evaluation is requested
Selecting proper equipment can make a difference in your comfort and safety. Suggested Ergonomic Equipment is available through our contracted providers.