UI LEAD (Leadership Education, Assessment, and Development) is a comprehensive leadership program for University of Iowa faculty and staff. With one-to-one coaching and a group cohort at its core, UI LEAD focuses on individualized feedback, goal-setting and skill development over a three to six month period.
The UI LEAD elements include: facilitated workshops, peer-to-peer learning sessions, individual coaching, and assessments (360, DISC, CliftonStrengths).
Research on the impact shows:
- An average return of 5.7 times the initial investment in leadership coaching.
- Increased productivity, and improved quality of work, and of work group relationships.
- Increased work and job satisfaction.
- Significant change in behavior and skills as viewed by supervisors, direct reports, and peers, specifically in communications, sensitivity, and overall business relatedness.
Source: Research and meta-analysis by Kenneth Nowack, Ph.D. and Bruce Heller, Ph.D. in “Making Executive Coaching Work” as published in www.trainingmag.org.
UI LEAD engages and develops high-potential and high-performing leaders. Candidates may include UI faculty and staff members who are:
- Experienced leaders preparing for advanced leadership
- Leaders transitioning into expanded roles managing others
- Technically gifted faculty and staff seeking to sharpen their people-leadership skills
- High-potential supervisors preparing for increased leadership roles
- Leadership teams seeking to increase effectiveness and collaboration
- Nominations for participation are requested from Collegiate Leadership in late January/February.
- Currently UI LEAD Intercollegiate runs from June to August (completed prior to the start of the academic year)
- Nominees will be contacted and must complete the UI LEAD application.
- Departments, participants and participant supervisors will be notified and given next steps on programming and the UI LEAD fee payment process.
Please reach out to email@example.com for any questions regarding UI LEAD.