Performance Review Period
- There are two annual performance review cycles for staff.
- For anyone with at least one Merit, SEIU, or Health Care job, the cycle is April 1 through March 31. This cycle is also in effect for any employees in Research and Economic Development (Org 04), Athletics (Org 08), and Hygienic Laboratory (Org 90).
- For everyone else, the cycle is January 1 through December 31.
Employment Dates that Trigger a Review
- A performance review is required, within the established cycle, for any staff member with continuous regular employment 3 months prior to the cycle end date. Continuous employment is defined as no break in service more than 10 days.
- Departments have discretion to require performance appraisals be conducted on a more frequent basis dependent on the departmental needs or regulatory compliance.
- Employees who hold multiple jobs, whether within the same department or in more than one department, are only required to have one review completed each cycle.
- Multiple reviews may be completed if desired.
- For a review to count as completed in a specific cycle, the review date on the form must be on or prior to the cycle end date.
- Ratings are required for all Merit and P&S employees
- Ratings are optional for SEIU employees
Employee Status Performance Review Requirements
- UI requires reviews for all regular P&S/SEIU/Merit staff who are active, on paid leave, or on unpaid leave. Employees on complimentary appointments and Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) employees are excluded. Staff on leave who are not available to have a review may be identified as such in Self Service. Requests for this should be sent to the department HR Rep.