10-Week Wellness Challenge
Live Healthy Iowa is a friendly competition where teams of 2-10 people track activity minutes and/or weight loss over the course of 10 weeks. Each week, your team is ranked on a leader board to see where you and your team measure against teams at the University of Iowa and among the state.
Live Healthy Iowa is a program offered to all Iowans to improve health and well-being! Registering as a University of Iowa team will allow for friendly competition with other UI teams as a part of an online dashboard. Click here for answers to frequently asked questions about the challenge. 2023 Flyer
Dates: January 9 - March 17, 2023
Registration is open Dec. 1, 2022 - Jan. 23, 2023
Cost: $25 per participant
Note: The first 1,000 University of Iowa employees can get $10 off of their $25 registration fee by using the subsidy code below. Register early to be sure to get the discount!
Group ID: LHIUIOWA
Subsidy Code: 10W23-UIOWA
- Challenge T-shirt (Adult small - 4XL)
- Personal online dashboard with the ability to sync Fitbit devices and Under Armour apps
- Complimentary subscription to Fresh Pickings magazine
- Weekly motivational messages
- $10 discount on registration for the LHI 5K
- Chances to win prizes*
*Prize winners will be randomly selected from all participants who record at least once per week of the challenge.
To participate in Live Healthy Iowa:
- Gather a team of 2-10 people.
- Identify a Team Captain. The Team Captain will collect your t-shirt size and email for registration.
- The Team Captain will then register the team. Download the Team Captain Registration Guide (pdf).
- Once registered, each teammate will receive an email with registration information from Live Healthy Iowa.