As you are getting settled into your roles and responsibilities, here are a few items you can work on to get your employee information organized and begin educating yourself on tools and processes at Iowa.
- Confirm or complete your address/phone, emergency contacts, name change, preferred first name, and demographics information (Employee Self Service|My Self Service|Personal Information).
- Confirm or update your W4 Tax Information (Employee Self Service|Time & Pay|Tax Withholding (W4).
- Complete or update your direct deposit information (Employee Self Service|Time & Pay|Direct Deposit).
- Update your Hawk Alert information (Employee Self Service|My Self Service|Settings|Hawk Alert Change).
- Complete required trainings and compliances (e.g., FERPA, Sexual Harassment Prevention, and Security Awareness). These can be found in your Compliance & Qualifications dashboard (Employee Self Service|My Career|Compliance & Qualifications|My Compliances).
- Become familiar with, and how to navigate, the University Operations Manual. It’s the most current document that outlines the University policies and procedures for nearly all facets of work.